Email MeDavid L. Gamblin
Mr. Gamblin earned his B.S. magna cum laude in criminal justice from Northern Arizona University in 2001, graduating Phi Kappa Phi as the top student from the Department of Criminal Justice. While at NAU, Mr. Gamblin received recognition from the Department's faculty for his writings on legal issues affecting the LGBT community. He also served as the chief of the judicial branch of the Associated Students of Northern Arizona University and was a student member of the University's Hearing Board.
Mr. Gamblin earned his J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law in 2005, where he was named a Paul W. Wildman Scholar as an incoming student. While at Southwestern, Mr. Gamblin was an advocate in the Trial Advocacy Honors Program, and was selected as the 2004 John G. Bonelli Scholar for outstanding achievement in trial advocacy. During his tenure at Southwestern, Mr. Gamblin was also a judicial extern for the Honorable Stephen J. Hillman with the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Mr. Gamblin's practice focuses on family law, with an emphasis on legal issues affecting same-sex couples. Mr. Gamblin is admitted to practice law in California, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. He is a member of the Family Law section of the State Bar of California and the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and a member of the of the Los Angeles County Bar Association & Appellate Courts Committee. He has published in the Los Angeles Daily Journal and for the Los Angeles County Bar Association Family Law Section.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
- California, 2005
- District of Columbia, 2007
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2005
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Honors Program (2004-2005)
- Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- B.S. - 2001
- Honors: Dean's Honor List
- Major: Outstanding Criminal Justice Senior, 2001
Honors and Awards
- John G. Bonelli Scholar for Outstanding Achievement in Trial Advocacy, 2004
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Research and Writing, 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2005 - Present
- Phi Kappa Phi